This award honors a student who has shown success and excellence in undergraduate research. The recipient of this award will be a junior or senior student judged to have best demonstrated excellence in undergraduate research through independent inquiry, through classes, and/or through student employment during his/her undergraduate career at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Students also share their results at undergraduate research events or professional conferences.
Nominations should present evidence of participation in undergraduate research including the project(s) for which the student was involved, the time frame for each project, and the mentor(s) involved. Nominations should also include a listing of publications first authored or co-authored by the student (if applicable), and a listing of conferences, exhibitions, presentations, showings, performances, awards, or scholarships received that were directly related to their undergraduate research participation.
Awards will be conferred at the Academic Honors Banquet on Wednesday, May 1, 2024.
- The student nominee must be a current student of UT Knoxville or have graduated no earlier than December of the same academic year. Recipients will be expected to attend the awards ceremony at the end of the spring semester.
The steps of the nomination process are outlined below:
- Nominator submits a completed nomination packet via the online form. The online nomination form requests the following information:
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee, including a complete list of publications, awards, sponsored projects, and other recognitions by peers–international, national, and regional.
- Additional letters of support are not needed for this award.
- Submissions will be reviewed by selected members of the Undergraduate Research Advisory Council and a student representative.
- Deadline for online submission is January 17, 2024.