The Excellence in Teaching awards are designed to recognize excellence in teaching and advising. These awards specifically seek to reward those individuals who are uniquely effective in their roles and make exceptional contributions to student life, in traditional (classroom) or nontraditional educational settings.
The Excellence in Teaching award specifically seeks to reward those individuals who are uniquely effective in teaching, at any level and in any educational format.
Each recipient of the Excellence in Teaching Award also receives a monetary award in the amount of $3,000. Awards will be conferred at the Academic Honors Banquet on Wednesday, May 1, 2024.
The steps of the nomination process are outlined below:
- Nominator submits a completed nomination packet via the online form. The form requests the following information:
- The faculty nominee’s curriculum vitae.
- The nominee’s statement of teaching philosophy of nominee.
- Sample syllabus from nominee (from a current course)
- Letter of support from faculty member (this could be from the nominator, a faculty member who has knowledge of the nominee’s teaching, or the department/unit head/chair)
- Letter(s) of support from student (two letters maximum)
- January 17, 2024