This award is designed to recognize excellence in advising. This award specifically seeks to reward those individuals who are uniquely effective in their roles and make exceptional contributions to student life, in traditional (classroom) or nontraditional educational settings.
The Excellence in Advising Award recognizes the integral role of academic advising in the teaching mission of the university.
Each recipient of the Excellence in Advising Award also receives a monetary award in the amount of $3,000. Awards will be conferred at the Academic Honors Banquet on Wednesday, May 1, 2024.
This award seeks to reward individuals who are uniquely effective in helping students meet their educational and professional goals for a minimum of three years.
Prior award recipients are ineligible.
The steps of the nomination process are outlined below:
- Nominator completes the online form. The form requires answers to the following questions:
- Nominator’s affiliation with the nominee
- Why does this nominee stand out?
- How does the nominee make the effort to get to know students as individuals? How do these efforts affect students’ academic success?
- How has the nominee helped students make informed decisions that lead to positive outcomes?
- Additional letters of support are not needed for this award.